A New Joomla install today
After struggling with my old site for awhile, I decided to delete everything and start over. Everything is working well now although I've had my share of blips. The one thing I realized is that you need to rename htaccess.txt for things to work - it's amazing. Also, I never seem to be able to easily install because I'm never sure of my domain password - thank goodness for RoboForom!
I've installed Joomla and the Joomlashine template (along with the updated framework). My most important next one is CleanCache. I found a wonderful extension that imports articles so I was able to maintain my old articles and bring them into the new site (it even imports the tags). So, at this point I just need to add a few things and tweak stuff and I'm all new and happy.
I also need to remember to add an extra space at the end of articles so that they are separated correctly...